The title of the Club shall be Beverley Athletic Club
2 AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the Club shall be to encourage the practice and development of running at all levels and abilities within an active social and supportive environment.
To organise teams to represent the Club in Championships and Leagues and in other such competitions as decided by the Management Committee.
The Club is affiliated to UK Athletics, Northern Athletics (formally N of EAAA) and the Yorkshire Veterans Athletic Association, declaring annually the intention to participate in Road Running, Cross Country Running, and Track and Field and paying appropriate Club affiliation and individual member’s registration fees.
All 1st and 2nd claim Club members will abide by UK Athletics rules (available from Club Secretary).
Membership shall be open to persons who are amateurs as defined by UK Athletics. Minimum age for membership is 9 years. Each application, or reapplication for annual membership is to be submitted to the Membership Secretary on the official membership form with appropriate fee. Membership fees are due 1st April of each year and must be paid prior to that date. Due to the requirement to inform the UKA of membership details as of 1st April each year, which results in individual registration for the 12 months following, members must either renew or otherwise inform the Membership Secretary by that date.
Membership fees will be set for the following year at each Annual General Meeting (AGM).
4 CLUB COLOURS
Club colours are, Vest – cobalt blue with vertical yellow stripe (to be worn in UKA permitted races), blue shorts preferable.
The Management of the Club is vested in a Committee consisting of the following members:- Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Men’s Team Captain, Ladies Team Captain, Kit Secretary, Social & Trip Secretary, Route – master, Handicap/”Away Night” Rep, Press Officer, Junior’s Coach, Membership Secretary, Website Manager, Race Records Statistician and Handicap Statistician.
Were appropriate members can hold more than one post.
All the foregoing shall be elected at the AGM and remain in office until the conclusion of the AGM the following year. Should vacancies occur midterm the Committee are given the right to appoint replacements.
The Committee will be supported by sub groups to co-ordinate larger annual club activities, such as Beverley and Walkington 10k events and Dinner Dance.
Other ad hoc sub-groups may be formed as required.
Sub groups will report to the Committee as requested.
6 THE AGM
The AGM shall be held in the month of Feb of each year for the purpose of:-
- Receiving the Annual Reports of the Committee
- Receiving the audited Statement of Accounts and Balance Sheet
- Appoint/reappoint auditors for following year
- Electing the Officers and Committee for the ensuing year
- Adjusting as necessary level of Club Membership fees for ensuing year
- Considering amendments to Club Constitutional Rules of which due notice has been given to all members.
At least 14 days notice shall be given to members of the date, venue and agenda items for the AGM. Each fully paid up member present at the meeting shall have one vote.
7 CLUB FUNDS
The Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary shall serve as trustees for banking purposes with any two signatures being required for withdrawals from the club’s bank account. The Treasurer is to ensure that club accounts are independently audited annually prior to the AGM.
8 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Frequency Committee meetings are to be held monthly on dates fixed by the Chairman.
- Function and Quorum The Committee shall transact the day-to-day business of the Club. Business shall only be transacted when at least six members are present. In the Chairman’s absence those present will nominate an acting Chairman for that particular meeting.
- Voting Rights All Committee Members present shall have one vote on any issue, except the Chairman who shall only have a casting vote. Proposals shall be carried or defeated by simple majority. Proxy voting is not permitted.
- Members Representation A Club member wishing a matter to be considered by the Committee should approach a Committee Member. The matter will then
be raised on their behalf or if they so wish they are invited to attend the next meeting and put forward their own case. Additionally, by prior arrangement Club members are most welcome to “sit in” on Committee Meetings.
The Club shall not be dissolved except by the consent of 75% of the fully paid up first claim senior members. In the event of dissolution the Club’s assets are to be disposed of as recommended by a Committee approved at the AGM or at an Extraordinary AGM consenting to dissolution. This Committee should be advised by the independent auditor for the year in question.
10 ITEMS NOT COVERED IN THE CONSTITUTIONAL RULES
The Club Committee shall have the authority to deal with such matters.